What is Industrial Experience?
- It is a 12 to 16 weeks work experience relevant to your program
- It is paid
- It is credited by Concordia University
To provide more practical experience, non-Co-op students will have the option of registering for a work term during the summer semester. The Institute for Co-operative Education will make job postings open to you so you can have a technical job over the summer. Work experience at an engineering company looks great on your transcript and your resume.
Benefits of the program
- Receive help in finding a job in your field
- Enhance your job finding skills with resume writing, job search and interview skills workshops
- Try working in your chosen field without a long-term commitment
- Apply academic knowledge and theoretical concepts to a practical work setting
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities
- Learn more about the expectations and needs of employers and yourself
- Gain important soft skills
- Develop independence and maturity
Please note that employers may be eligible for government benefit.
- Full time student in Engineering or Computer Science program
- A minimum GPA of 2.3
- A minimum of 24 credits "in program" completed
- A minimum of 20 credits left to go before the end of the program
- Need to have satisfied the University Writing Skills requirement
- Computer Science
- Computer Applications
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Software Systems
- Computer Games
- Web Services and Applications
Work terms can only be done during the summer semester.